Safe Harbor Christian Counseling of Philadelphia
Providing Treatment for:
- Social Skills/ Peer Relations
- School Based Problems
- Conduct Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Developmental Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety/ Stress
- Bipolar Disorder
- Self Esteem Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Anxiety (general)
- Anger issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Conflict Resolution
- Families in Crisis
- Test Anxiety
- Character Building (anti bullying)
Child / Adolescent Practice Philosophy
We exist to provide outpatient treatment for children, adolescents, and families that is developmentally appropriate, relationally based, and clinically excellent.
Safe Harbor counselors operate with sensitivity and compassionate understanding regarding the vulnerability of your child. We diligently aim to gain the trust of children though creative relationship building.
Our counselors are trained to specifically focus on the unique needs of children and adolescents in order to help them grow emotionally, socially, mentally, and spiritually.
Child Counseling Practice
Our child, adolescent, and family specialists utilize a variety of treatment interventions to include play therapy, individual, and family counseling.
Our Clinicians offer:
- Developmentally appropriate interventions
- Solution focused treatment
- Clinically sound assessments
- Collaborative treatment planning
- Relevant goal setting
- Relationally based therapy
- Interventions which are strategically chosen
Is your child...
- Experiencing difficulty assimilating into their school setting?
- Having trouble "getting along" with other children?
- Getting angry too often and too easily?
- Acting disrespectful or defiant?
- Struggling with a short attention span or diagnoses with ADHD?
- In distress due to divorce or other family problems?
- Experiencing grief from a death or other loss?
- Lacking in self-confidence or having low self esteem?
- Excessively clingy or shy?
- Having nightmares or wetting the bed?
- Suffering from the effects of something traumatic that happened to them?
- A topic of stress, anxiety, or anger for you?
We can help. We can help you understand your children and we can help them thrive. Depending on the age of your child and the situation, our counselors will use a variety of approaches including play therapy, individual therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, or a mixture of interventions. Our professional training and desire to help children gives us a window into the hearts of young people.